Homepage Email Gearhead What else does gearhead say Gearhead's RSS feed
Your Ad Here

Feb 23, 2008

Yamaha Bike Station, MGF Mall, Saket, New Delhi

Didn’t I tell you about the R15 and the new Yamaha Flagship Store that would open in the capital soon? Of course I did. Well, I got a chance to visit the new company owned store recently. I must say I am a little disappointed by the square footage of the store. While the previous store, Yamaha One, was a three storey facility with more than a few bikes from the Yamaha’s international range and even a Dyno, the new store doesn’t quite match up to expectations. It’s located in a corner of the mall, the approach road to which is more like a service lane.

But, I soon forgot all that once I laid eyes on ‘The One’. Yup!! Its there in all its glory. But someone seems to have scratched a bit of paint off it. Right next to it is a show-all full details display of the same. You get to see the pistons, the valve gear, the variable length inlet, injectors, cat-con, the works. The ‘other’ is also present. The MT-01 is a big bike alright. Everything about it is big. The size, the engine capacity, brakes, tires everything. Giving company to these exotics is the R15, two of which were displayed. One in blue and the other in black. Also present are the Gladiators. The SS is prominently displayed. Missing though is the FZ15. I mean if they can have the R15 then why not the FZ15.

So, moving on, there is a game station with two X Box 360s. You can play PGR…or not. They couldn’t seem to find the controller. On the other side is the Internet Station with two PCs with internet access. In the center of the store is a giant screen playing the Yamaha promotional video. Then there is the drinks counter. It didn’t seem to be working though. Also on display is Yamaha apparel. From Tees and Pants to Jackets. You can even buy the apparel here. Obviously priced a wee bit on the higher side. Next month onwards full riding gear will also be sold from the store I was told. Racing suits, Helmets, Gloves etc.

Lastly, I must say the staff was very very helpful. They answered all my queries (there were many) without as much as a whimper. Although one of the female staff kept trailing me every where I went in the store, hell bent on reciting all the specs and details about all the bikes and items in the store.

Okay, so I might have been a little harsh, considering the fact that it’s been open only a month. But we obviously expect only the best from Yamaha. All in all a nice little place and I will recommend you all go there once, at least those of you who live in the capital. Another store will soon be coming up at Kamla Nagar, New Delhi. Similar stores, around 10 in number, will come up across Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bombay, Pune, Luckhnow and Calcutta etc.

No comments: